The tub is the interior part of a dishwasher and it’s what usually matters to a very large extent. The tub material is either plastic or stainless steel.
Unlike before when the internal part was made of metal (that easily corroded), the plastic and stainless steel tub are sturdier so they last longer.
When deciding on the type of dishwasher to buy, it is important to consider the different features of each tub material, so here you have them compared:
What Are The Advantages of Stainless Steel?
- The heavy steel walls of the tub usually absorb most of the noise the water makes when the cleaning process is running.
- The stainless steel tubs help with the drying process as they are capable of absorbing more heat than plastics hence they use need power during this process subsequently leading to electricity saving. The stainless steel tubs end up saving around 200 watts as compared to plastic tubs in the process.
- The stainless steel walls can sustain temperatures of more than 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The hot water accentuates the detergent’s washing power leading to not only cleaner, but also well-sterilized dishes. A plastic tub is less efficient.
- Stainless steel tubs usually are less prone to cracking due to the strong thick, walls. Dish stains occurs less compared to plastic tubs.
No products found.
What Are The Disadvantages of The Stainless Steel?
High buying cost
- You will end up spending more on a stainless steel tub dishwasher with compared to a plastic one. The cost is usually determined by a variety of factors, known by the manufacturers.
- Compared to plastic tubs, then stainless steel ones will get some stains when you use hard water that has a lot of calcium. Using water softener is highly recommended here. Some of the more expensive models have this feature already implemented.
What Are The Advantages of Plastic Tub?
- Plastic made tubs are usually cheaper as compared to those made of stainless steel.
- A plastic tub is good at hiding stains as compared to the stainless steel.
No products found.
What Are The Disadvantages of Plastic Tub?
- The walls of the plastic tubs are not as strong so they don’t hold as much heat during the cleaning and drying process. The energy consumption will be greater.
- The plastic tubs are not able to absorb as much noise but nowadays the latest models do have extra layers of insulation.
A plastic tub dishwasher may be cheaper initially but down the line, considering electricity and maintenance costs, it may be a better idea to spend a little more and get a dishwasher that has a stainless steel tub. I for one, would recommend doing so.