Danby DDW1899BLS dishwasher transforms the otherwise tiring chore of washing dishes into an effortless task. It comes in a stylish black and stainless steel design and it’s easy to install in most kitchen, complimenting most cabinetry designs. It has 8-place settings.
This 18-inch dishwasher is manufactured by a Canadian company that goes by the name of Danby Products Limited. This is a family-owned business and it has been in operation for the last 65 years. Danby Ltd is currently one of the leading refrigeration and specialty appliance companies in North America.
|Weight and Dimensions||Compact size and relatively light weight.
It weighs 70.5 lbs.
Easy to move from one place to another in the kitchen.
Width (17 8/16”), Length (21 5/8”), and Height (32 8/16”).
|Warranty||The machine is very well built and there are only few, isolated complaints of malfunction of product failure.
The company offers 1-year limited warranty.
|Installation Type||For ease of operation, the dishwasher should be installed as close as possible to sink plumbing to facilitate water supply and drain.
It can be also attached on the underside of a countertop and reinforced with screws, clamps and wire nuts.
|Control Console||Full panel control panel and responsive buttons.
This console is highly intuitive and is conveniently located at the top side of the machine.
|Wash Arms and Tray Type||The DDW1899BLS has 3 durable stainless steel wash arms that spread water to all dirty dishes, ensuring effective cleaning.
Adjustable cutlery tray type and handy silverware basket.
|Voltage and Certification||The voltage specifications are suitable for North America households (120 volts).
The model has Energy Star certification.
Energy efficient and environment friendly.
|Material Type||Stainless steel tub.|
This 18-inch dishwasher also features a built-in water softener system. It goes without saying how important this is for people living in places where the tap water is hard. So forget about white stains on your dishes after washing. A rinse agent dispenser is included and a host of electronic controls, making it possible to operate the otherwise sophisticated machine with ease.
Danby made sure this dishwashers is user friendly. The control panel is pretty simple. Its exterior and interior designs correspond to the latest trends, so it stands out thanks to its stainless steel look and a sleek finish.
It has 8 place setting capacity and is very energy efficient, so it is a very good unit for a family of 4 to 6 members. Its interior is spacious enough to accommodate bigger size or odd shaped flatware.
- “I am pleased with the DDW1899BLS. I and my husband don’t really care much for a high-end unit, so features like a stainless stub and 8 place setting are enough for us. I also find the stainless steel finish quite attractive and easy to keep clean with a damp cloth.” – Spencer, Massachusetts
- “I bought this dishwasher a year ago and have used it everyday, since. I did not own a dishwasher prior, but this is a dream come true in terms of eliminating frustrating kitchen chores. I give it 5 stars not because it is the best dishwasher, but because it has met and exceeded my expectations.” – Joe, New York
This Danby 18 inch dishwasher is not that difficult to install and it cleans dishes well. Some say that it performs similar to the more expensive models. On the flip side its cycles take rather long to complete. It’s also worth noted that it’s an energy efficiency unit that was Energy Star certified.
- Sturdy built
- Excellent designed
- Energy efficient
- Cleans dishes well
- Relatively easy to install
- Space saver
- Very affordable
- You can check prices here.
- Makes a soft hum when running – it may be seen as a drawback by people who are looking for a completely quiet model.