For food businesses, commercial dishwashers are a must. There is always the option of hiring people to wash the dishes, but in the modern society that simply is inefficient.
These units are huge time savers, capable of cleaning high volumes of very soiled dishes in a fraction of the time it would take to hand wash.
The brands that manufacture these types of dishwashers are well known and have an impeccable track record.
Without any other introduction here is the list of the best commercial dishwashers according to hundreds of satisfied customers.
Types of Commercial Restaurant Dishwashers
Undercounter Commercial Dishwashers
Undercounter dishwashers are regarded as the best choice for smaller commercial establishments because they don’t take up too much space in the kitchen and they are not as costly as the other types. However, this means that the machine can’t hold as much dishes as the bigger models.
From the name itself, this type of dishwasher is the perfect choice for washing delicate glasses. However, glasswashers can still clean other dishes with the exception of pots and pans. This type is not the most practical choice for establishments that don’t often use that many special glasses.
Door Type Commercial Dishwashers
If you need a dishwasher with a large capacity and an impressive speed cycle, a door type dishwasher is a perfect choice for you. Although, these machines are quite expensive and require higher water and energy consumption. That said, this type of dishwasher is ideal for busy kitchens that need fast and efficient cleaning.
Conveyor Type Commercial Dishwashers
A conveyor type dishwasher is the most expensive, offers the largest capacity, takes up the most space, and requires the greatest power. Simply put, this type of dishwasher is meant for places that use up the largest amount of dishes every day like hospitals, hotels, and universities among others.
1. Electrolux Wt30-H208Du Commercial Dishwasher
What are its key features?
- Temperature interlock. It extends the wash cycle and makes sure the correct sanitizing temperature is reached before the dishwasher completes the wash.
- Has a built-in booster heater capable of raising water to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Completes the final rinse cycle only after the sanitation parameters are met.
- Can clean up to 30 racks of dishes per hour giving your business a steady supply of clean dinnerware.
- Made of heavy-duty stainless steel – ideal for heavy use.
- Features two simple safe wash controls
- A green light indicates that all dishes have been properly sanitized at the end of the cycle.
- Uses 0.89 gallons of water only for each rack.
- Insulated to minimize heat loss
- Does not require an external heater.
- Energy efficient.
- See Amazon offer and the full features sheet
- Perfect choice for smaller kitchens or even bars.
- Advanced controls.
- Easy to use
- Easy to maintain.
- Durable and very reliable
- Manufactured by the trusted company Electrolux.
- Not Energy Star rated but it’s still very energy efficient.
2. Jackson DW AVENGER HT Commercial Dishwasher
What are its key features?
- Measures 24-3/16 inches wide, 25-3/8 inches deep and 33-5/16 inches high
- Weights 248 pounds.
- Built-in rinse aid pumps, pressure regulator valve and detergent.
- Cleans up to 24 racks per hour while using 1.07 gallons of water only per rack.
- Features exclusive Sani-Sure technology that ensures proper sanitizing rinse water temperature.
- Has a durable stainless steel handle that provides a comfortable grip.
- Great design
- Durable built-in stainless steel heater.
- Fully insulated – greater energy efficiency, a cooler exterior, and quiet operation.
- Simple controls.
- Push button start.
- Has two dish racks.
- For extended cleaning safety, it has a manual override.
- It uses 230 volts.
- Energy Star compliant and UL approved.
- Includes 1-year limited warranty on major parts and labor from the date of purchase.
- A fully automatic cycle including an auto-fill.
- Delivers exceptional performance.
- Splendid dishwashing.
- Ideal for bars, small restaurants, coffee shops, small health care facilities and quick service restaurants.
- You can buy it online at amazon.com and have it delivered to your door fast
- The dishwasher heat the tap water it uses for every wash, which is time-consuming.
3. Insinger RL-30 Commercial Dishwasher
What are its key features?
- Measures 27 inches wide, 36 inches high and 28 inches long
- Weighs 175 pounds.
- Can wash up-to 30 racks per hour which is equivalent to around 750 dishes per hour.
- Equipped with a built-in heater.
- Energy Star certified by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy.
- Features Insingers TempGuard final rinse temperature control that ensures a 180 degrees F on the final rinse for well-sanitized dishes.
- Includes built in detergent and rinse aide pumps.
- Insulated, double wall construction that reduces noise during operation.
- 7 bayonet style wash arms with 42 fixed wash jets that ensure you get sparkling clean dishes all the time.
- Timed wash and rinse cycle
- Food soil strainer system.
- Two plastic 20 inches by 20 inches racks.
- Made of stainless steel and plastic material.
- Uses 0.79 gallons of water only per rack and requires a 30 amp circuit.
- Easy to remove and refill detergent containers.
- See more pictures and Check Prices
- Durable and energy efficient.
- Quiet operation.
- Removes food residue effectively and provides rapid drying.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Somewhat expensive, but really worth every last penny.
4. Hobart AM15-6 Commercial Dishwasher
What are its key features?
- Hobart is regarded as one of the best commercial dishwashers manufacturers
- Four timed washing cycles.
- Measures 37 inches wide, 43 inches deep and 74 inches high and weighs 354 pounds.
- Can clean between 58 and 65 racks per hour.
- High-quality stainless steel doors and feet.
- Equipped with a simple vent fan control
- A digital control panel that is easy to access and use.
- Electric tank heat with an auto-fill.
- A delime cycle with optional notification.
- Cleans and sanitizes everything perfectly.
- It meets NSF International standards (which focuses on public safety and health).
- Made in the USA by a well-known brand with a solid track record for reliability.
- Uses very little water per wash and is very energy efficient.
- Take advantage of the Amazon offer
- Not ideal for small restaurant, as it’s designed for heavy duty and intensive use.
Buying a Commercial Dishwasher: Factors to Consider
Cost is always one of the primary concerns of any type of businesses. This will also include the extra finances that come with the initial price you pay to own a dishwasher. These extras may cover installation fees, energy and water bills, and maintenance cost among others.
2. Ease of Use
The more ergonomic the dishwasher is, the better. This is very important in a commercial kitchen where every task has to be done efficiently in the least amount of time possible. Restaurant dishwashers, in particular, have to be both efficient and simple to use.
3. Capacity and Speed
This should be self-explanatory. Any restaurant or bar owner knows how important it is for a dishwasher to be able to hold as many soiled dishes, glasses, utensils, and whatnot in one go. Hence, the capacity of your chosen dishwasher should be able to keep up with your needs.
As for speed, take into account how long a single cycle would take. Do you need clean dishes and glasses ASAP? Get the right machine that can give you that. An under counter dishwasher, for example, can finish one cycle in just a minute or two.
Temperature is vital in any type of dishwasher. High temp dishwashers can effectively sanitize dishes through heat. They can heat up the water used for rinsing to as high as 180° Fahrenheit. The catch though is that you will be confronted with higher cost and higher energy consumption.
Low temp dishwashers can’t heat up water that high, so they naturally cost less and consume less energy. As an alternative, you may need to do chemical sanitizing to ensure that all your dishes are cleaned efficiently.
5. Energy and Water Consumption
These are one of those additional costs that you will have to deal with from owning a dishwasher. So, make sure you are able to handle the energy and water consumption required by your machine. A smart choice would be to pick a dishwasher with an Energy Star certification. These models are proven to be more energy and water efficient by approximately 40%.
Unfortunately, the power of commercial dishwashers can cause them to produce loud noises. However, some models of under counter dishwashers are relatively less noisy than others. As for the door type and conveyor dishwashers, a significant amount of noise is inevitable.
Bottom Line About Commercial Dishwashers
So there you have it: The best commercial dishwashers to consider investing in.
I hope this guide helped a little in your quest for finding the right appliance.
Please use the comments section below to send your feedback.