Dish drainers are essential in almost any kitchen. They are great for drying utensils such as pots, glasses, cups and plates…
If you have limited counter space the best option is to consider buying an over the sink dish drainer. They are real space savers and also adjustable to different sink sizes.
In our tests we found that these four models are the best (this statement is also backed up by thousands of happy customer reviews).
They are the most cost effective, efficient and look great in both traditional and modern kitchens. Pick one of these to allow your dishes to dry completely without dripping water all over the counter.
[table id=53 /]
1. Better Houseware Over the Sink Roll-Up Drying Rack
- Made from durable material
- Silicone-coated steel for a non-slip surface.
- Heat resistant.
- Designed to securely hold delicate stemware as well as large and bulky cookware.
- When open fully it measures 131/4” W X 201/2” L X ¼” H.
- Rolls out to fit neatly over any standard-sized kitchen sink.
- Weighs only 2.2 pounds (lightweight).
- Securely sits over the sink and rolls up easily for storage purposes.
- It is BPA-free.
- See more customer ratings and take advantage of a good price on amazon.com
- If you have a tight budget, this over the sink dish rack is affordable.
- Fits well in various types and sizes of sinks.
- Mat dries quickly and unrolls above an open sink for air drying washed utensils.
- Very durable, rigid and easy to clean.
- None at the moment of writing this review.
2. ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer
- Works great in small kitchens.
- Includes a plush vinyl coating that protects glasses, silverware and dishes.
- Comes with a heavy gauge steel-wire frame that makes it durable and sturdy enough to last for several years.
- Features a super portable and universal design that fits almost all types of sinks.
- It’s compact.
- It is inexpensive, durable and ships pre-assembled and ready-to-use.
- It can also be used on the countertop.
- With ClosetMaid 3921 Over the Sink Drainer there is no need for an additional drain mat as with most dish drainers.
- You can buy it online from Amazon
- Its only downside is the fact that it does not include utensil storage.
3. Prepworks Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer by Progressive
- Measures 12.25” by 16.5” by 1.5” in W X L X H when stored but it usually expands up to 6” high when in use.
- It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Its patented self supporting arms usually extend from 16.5” to 26.75”.
- Includes a removable silverware tray.
- Can accommodate up to 8 plates with up-to 10” in diameter.
- This compact dish rack collapses down to just 1.5” for easy storage under the sink or in a cabinet or a drawer.
- Made of TPE and polypropylene.
- See more pictures and customer reviews on this amazon dedicated page
- It is easy to clean, durable, can support a lot of weight and fits nicely in most sinks.
- Easy to fold and store in the cabinet or under the sink.
- Large dinner plates easily fit into the grooves.
- Compact and very cost effective
- Does not provide enough storage room for many mugs or glasses.
4. UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack, Rollable, Foldable, and Easy to Store
- Made of premium stainless steel to last.
- Measures 15 5/8 inches wide by 20 1/8 inches long when unrolled and 2 inches high by 20 1/8 inches long when rolled.
- BPA free, heat resistant and dishwasher safe.
- Quickly rolls-up for easy and fast storage.
- Weighing only 1.2 pounds, it is lightweight.
- Can be rolled over the sink to act as a mat for draining and drying.
- Supports hot casserole dishes or cutting boards with so much ease.
- Takes little space.
- Lightweight and does the trick as advertised.
- Made from high quality materials so you can rest assured it will provide great service for a long time.
- Easier to clean, efficient and affordable.
- You can buy it online at amazon.com
- For now, none.
Whether you own a dishwasher or not, a dish drainer will always be useful for drying your dishes before storing them.
Get yourself any of this over the sink dish drainers today – they are worth it!