As trends go, more and more people start considering the best natural dishwasher detergents better than the traditional ones.
Maybe this is because people are starting to wake up to the importance of protecting nature and the environment.
However, finding the best organic soap may require quite a few trials.
That is why I have compiled a list of some of the best natural dishwasher detergents available on the market.
These products are safe to use, very cost effective, environmentally friendly, and will always leave all of your dishes sparkling clean.
Best 5 Natural Dishwasher Detergent Reviews
1. Ecover Natural Plant-based Automatic Dishwasher Tablets
|Item Weight||2.12 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.87 x 7.44 x 5.39 inches|
Power away stubborn, stuck-on food with these easy-to-use automatic dishwasher tablets. Made with plant-based & mineral ingredients, our biodegradable, phosphate-free formula effectively washes your dirty dishes, glasses and flatware without harming the planet. Now that’s what we call clean.
At Ecover we’re on a mission to pioneer clean. For more than 35 years, we have been creating powerful cleaning products that won’t harm the planet or the people on it.
- Based on plant and mineral ingredients, using the “power of nature”.
- Not tested on animals
- Has no impact on aquatic life.
- Highly effective with a subtle citrus scent.
- Suitable for septic tanks.
- Biodegradable and chlorine free with no chemical residues.
- Tablets usually fit well in dispensers or any kind of cutlery basket.
- The secret weapon for sparkling clean dishes.
- Has no artificial fragrances.
- This detergent cleans and degreases effectively and leaves no residue.
- Hygienic, safe and efficient.
- Great price and cleans the dishes well without leaving any streaks or residue.
- Removes dried-on food and even tough stains.
- You can buy it online on amazon.com and get a great deal.
- Sometimes (rarely reported) it does not remove all the dirt on the dishes unless you pre-wash everything.
2. Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwasher Gel, Lemon Scent
Seventh Generation™ Lemon Dishwasher Detergent Gel uses plant-based enzyme blends for high cleaning power while leaving out synthetic fragrances, dyes, phosphates, and chlorine bleach. This dish liquid soap is scented with 100% essential oils and botanical extracts – because real lemon smells good just the way it is. Our dish detergent liquid is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product 65%. For more than 25 years, Seventh Generation™ has been thoughtfully formulating safe and effective plant-based products, including dishwashing liquid soap, that work. Really well. Our liquid dish detergent uses powerful plant-based ingredients like surfactants and enzymes to break down tough residue and lift away food leaving your dishes sparkling clean. So how does it all work?
The enzymes cut through grease and food by breaking down starch and protein-based residue while the surfactants remove dirt and grease by holding the molecules in suspension, so they can wash away. Yes, even those fussy egg stains. Based in Vermont, Seventh Generation™ is proud to be a Certified B Corporation. B Corps are certified to be better for workers, better for communities, and better for the environment. By choosing Seventh Generation™ products, you’re joining us in nurturing the health of the next seven generations. Safe when used as directed.
- Smells great and gets dishes sparkling clean
- Leaves no streaks.
- Free of artificial fragrances, dyes, and petroleum-based ingredients.
- Its lemon scent is derived 100% from botanical extracts and essential oils.
- Nontoxic formula.
- Comes in a pretty large container at a reasonable price.
- Uses plant-derived enzymes for greater cleaning power.
- It ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.
- Comes as a pack of six bottles, 42 ounces each.
- Dissolves easily.
- Also available in dishwasher tabs.
- See more customer opinions on Amazon.com
- Gets your dishes clean effortlessly without the use of chlorine or phosphate.
- Made from all natural, plant-derived ingredients (all ingredients are disclosed).
- By choosing this detergent you create a healthy environment for you and your family
- Removes grease and dissolves food just as well as traditional detergents.
- For maximum effectiveness in hard water, you will need to use the Seventh Generation Rinse Aid as well.
3. Method Dishwasher Plus Tablets, Lemon Mint
This natural dishwasher pack is fully biodegradable, so they are easy on septic systems. Plus, the one-pack measurement is highly precise, ensuring just the right amount of formula is used.
Tough loads are no match for smarty dish plus with triple-action cleaning power. Each naturally derived detergent power pack dissolves fast, unleashing mineral-based Powergreen Technology to target tough stains and tackle stubbornly sticky food, even in hard water—all without phosphates or chlorine bleach.
So what does clean smell like? In this case, it smells just plain clean – no perfumes no dyes. Because in a world where cleaning products smell at best bland and boring, and at worst noxious and offensive, Method takes pride in making products that don’t pose a threat to people and the environment.
- Uses natural ingredients and contains no perfumes or dyes.
- Also available in pink grapefruit.
- Uses ingredients and formulas that degrade over time (biodegradable).
- Phosphate free.
- Unscented (Fragrance free).
- Has never been tested on animals.
- Dried oatmeal will not know what hit it.
- Dissolves fast with mineral based power-green technology.
- Gets rid of tough stains and stubborn, sticky food.
- Leaves your dishes spotless.
- Do not use chlorine bleach or phosphates.
- It poses no threat to people’s health or the environment.
- Works excellent and doesn’t leave any film, white residue, or streaks on your glasses and dishes like some traditional dishwasher detergents do.
- Buy from Amazon and get a good price
- Left noticeable hard water film on our test glasses and residue on the load
4. Seventh Generation Auto Dish Pacs, Free and Clear
When life is busy, don’t let messes slow you down. Seventh Generation dishwasher packs offer a convenient and powerful clean that blasts through tough residue to leave your dishes streak free with just one wash, no pre-rinse necessary. Our single dose dishwasher packs come in a dissolvable PVA film that can be tossed right into the dishwasher for a hassle free alternative to traditional powders and gels – no need to unwrap or measure. Our new tub packaging is fully recyclable and designed with storage and freshness in mind – the shape fits neatly in tight spaces, and the flip top closure keeps the pack nice and fresh. Seventh Generation Fragrance-Free Dishwasher Detergent Packs are made with plant based ingredients free of fragrances, dyes, phosphates, and chlorine bleach. Because trust us, we can handle the job without them. For more than 25 years, Seventh Generation has been thoughtfully formulating Safe
- It’s natural and USDA certified.
- Premium enzyme system removes dried-on food residue.
- Available in Free and Clear.
- Convenient dosing, no mess compared to traditional dishwasher gels and detergent powders.
- Concentrated Pacs, phosphate, and chlorine free.
- Free of fragrances and dyes.
- Gets dishes sparkling clean effortlessly.
- Uses a combination of non-toxic ingredients.
- Biodegradable dishwasher tabs.
- Seventh Generation discloses all ingredients because they have nothing to hide.
- It is very effective at getting the job done and works perfectly in every load.
- Quite affordable.
- Does not leave detergent stains or odors on dishes
- Perfect for all dish-washing needs.
- It is all-natural so it’s safe for you and your children.
- Customers love this detergent – see their reviews on amazon.
- If you love scented dishwasher detergents, then this is not for you because it has a fragrance-free formula.
5. Puracy Dishwasher Pods- Effective 50 Count
- Spotless, sparkling, squeaky-clean dishes, no matter how hard your water is
- 50 dishwasher loads per 50 pack pouch
- Unmatched research and development: 3rd generation formula developed by a chemist with more than 20 years in dishwasher detergent formulation experience
- Independently tested by Puracy customers who expressed concern about the performance of our Gen 1 and 2 detergent packs
- Enzyme-powered efficacy: Advanced plant-derived enzymes quickly target and break down stubborn foods and stains without the need to pre-soak or pre-rinse (scrape, don’t rinse)
- Zero water spots, smells, or residue; mineral-based water softeners leave glasses crystal clear and dishes squeaky clean, even in hard water
- Use on all dishwasher safe items; clear results on ceramic, baby bottles, toys, pots, pans, casserole dishes, glass, plastic, silicone, crystal, porcelain, metals, and any surface safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher
If you have a known allergy to a fragrance or surfactant its absence from the ingredient label doesn’t mean it’s not in the product.
Unlike personal care products, manufacturers don’t have to tell you an awful lot about what’s in their detergent.
And guess what? Most of them don’t.
A common excuse given is they are protecting their formulations from rivals. This isn’t really an excuse as any company can reverse engineer a cleaning product pretty simply.
Another more ludicrous excuse is that there’s a lack of space on the label for all ingredients and their long chemical names. Which is basically nonsense. There’s enough space for empty slogans…
In India, manufacturers aren’t compelled by law to disclose ingredients on personal care products. And guess what. Most of them don’t. Until the law changes, we simply won’t see a change of heart from the manufactures either.
If you are looking for a natural dishwasher detergent, I consider these four the best.
Using phosphates and chlorine bleach free detergents is becoming more popular lately and it should be considered a must for creating a healthier lifestyle.
Last update on 2022-04-02 at 01:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API