OK. So, you are here…..
I’m not a magician, but you must be looking for the best portable dishwasher.
Well, then let me make it perfectly simple for you – just buy the SPT SD-9241W Energy Star Portable Dishwasher. If you don’t like it, then you’ll find the next best two to chose from below – call them the perfect alternatives. I have review here only the best ones in this price range, so rest assured you are making a wise decision picking any of them.
Ok, let’s see them first in a table and then each one reviewed:
A few words on these type of dishwashers:
You’re actually buying a quality kitchen appliance that won’t break down within a few months. More expensive dishwashers have more features, but may not function any differently than these models.
The features typically found in dishwashers in this price range are Energy Star compliance, multiple wash and heating settings so you don’t need to run hot water through your faucet. They’re also more durable, usually having stainless steel interiors that are easily cleaned, and don’t build up rust over time.
1. SPT SD-9241W Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
- It is Energy Star certified, which helps the consumer save energy.
- It can be adjusted between 6 wash cycles (all-in-one, light, normal, heavy, rinse, and speed).
- It has an adjustable rack to fit larger dishes such as pots, pans, and larger dishware.
- checkConnecting to a faucet is quick and simple with the included faucet adapter.
- It has a stainless steel interior, so it’s built to last over time with no rust or germ buildup.
- The water temperature will reach up to 154 degrees Fahrenheit, which will easily kill any bacteria and eliminate food stains.
- The dishwasher will heat up the water; you don’t need to run hot water from the faucet. This can save you money in the long term.
- checkThe average wash cycle lasts only an hour and a half, which saves water and energy.
- checkIt has a large load capacity.
- This dishwasher is Energy Star certified, ideal for people who are conscious about saving on their energy bill.
- The 6 wash cycles ensure that there is a wash cycle specific for any type of dish load, whether you need a heavy duty washing, or just a light rinse for a few dishes.
- checkIt includes an easy to use faucet adaptor that can connect to most kitchen faucets.
- This dishwasher does not feature a drying function, so users will need to rely on air-drying their dishware when the wash cycle is complete.
2. Danby DDW1801MWP Portable Dishwasher
- At only 18 inches wide, it can easily fit into a smaller kitchen.
- It includes built-in castor wheels for portability, so you won’t actually be lifting and hefting this thing around.
- This dishwasher is Energy Star compliant, which again, helps save energy.
- checkIt doesn’t use much water on the normal cycle. It only requires around 4 gallons of water to run a normal cycle, so budget-conscious consumers looking to save water may find this machine worth the investment.
- It includes six wash cycles; Economy, Normal, Intensive, Rapid Wash, Soak, and Rinse.
- It has an automatic soap dispenser, as well as a rinse agent dispenser, to ensure that dishes are sparkling clean when the machine has completed a wash load.
- currently one of the best in the market
- Very portable thanks to the built-in wheels – easy to moved around.
- Cool design and would look natural in modern and traditional kitchens as well.
- checkIt has internal hose and power cord storage to save space when you aren’t using the dishwasher – and looks good
- The weight is a bit of a concern because it weighs 3 times as much as similar-sized washing machines in this price range.
3. SPT SD-9241SS – 18″ Portable Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Another great machine to consider as an alternative to the SPT SD-9241W.
- It is a great performing machine in a small package. It handles loads with ease despite its compact size.
- It includes 6 different washing cycles; Rinse, Light, Normal, Speed, Heavy, and All-in-One.
- checkIt’s a rather quiet machine, with a sound rating of only 55 dB. This is comparative to a quiet indoor conversation.
- It has an automatic rinse agent and dish detergent dispenser.
- It includes an easy to use faucet adapter so you can quickly connect it to any standard kitchen faucet.
- In case you forget to fill the rinse aid dispenser, it features a handy rinse aid warning indicator.
- checkThe average wash cycle only uses about 3.65 gallons of water.
- checkA stainless steel interior will prevent rust and mineral buildup, so you always have a clean wash.
- checkThis unit is small, at a size of only 18 inches, so it’s perfect for a smaller kitchen.
- checkThere is a time delay feature, so you can choose to start washing your loads at a later time.
- checkThe water temperature will reach up to 154 degrees Fahrenheit, which will easily kill germs and food bacteria on your dishware.
- checkIt contains a hidden heating element, so it will heat water by itself, no need to run hot water through your kitchen faucet.
- checkIt has built-in wheels so you can easily move it around, making it a handy portable dishwasher to own.
- This is a compact dishwasher that is highly versatile and can easily get the job done.
- This dishwasher only uses a small amount of water per wash cycle, so that is a bonus for people looking to save on their water bill.
- checkAt only 55 dB, this is a quiet machine that won’t be heard banging and clanking throughout the house.
- While similarly priced, and manufactured by the same company as the first product reviewed here, it does not contain as many features.
All of these dishwashers have their benefits and drawbacks, but the SPT SD-9241W is clearly a winner.
The Danby DDW1899WP-1 will certainly get the job done, but the longer washing cycle means it will waste more water.
The SPT SD-9241SS is made by the same company as the SPT SD-9241W, but it’s a lower end model, so it doesn’t have as many features.
Last update on 2022-04-02 at 01:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API