The SPT SD-9252SS is a compact, but robust stainless steel, built-in dishwasher. Measuring only 18 inches wide, it’s easy to fit in your kitchen and revolutionize the way your family cleans dishes.
It’s manufactured by Sunpentown, a company that’s proving to be a worthy competitor to the big names in the kitchen appliance industry. This particular model is perfect for someone interested in having the performance of a built-in or standalone dishwasher for the price of a countertop model.
Features of the SPT SD-9252SS Built-In Dishwasher
A quick scan of this dishwasher’s specs makes it clear that it has much more to offer compared to the standard built-in model. This is a brief summary of those features and what they bring to your kitchen:
|Weight and Dimensions:||The dishwasher measures 22.1" x 17.5" x 32.2" and weighs 54 pounds. With a width of only 17.5 inches, it's compact enough to take up just a small section of your kitchen cabinetry.|
|Installation Type:||Built in|
|Certification||Energy Star compliant
|Warranty:||One year manufacturer's warranty covering both labor and parts
|Material Type||Stainless steel finish and interior|
|Control Console||The dishwasher comes with a full panel, digital control console. You can choose one of the six different wash programs: Normal, Heavy, All-in-1, Light, Speed and Rinse. The panel includes a rinse agent warning indicator which reminds you to fill it before it gets too low. One other thing that you will like is the error alarm. It displays the error code, the nature of the malfunction and suggestions for troubleshooting.|
|Included Components||The dishwasher ships with all parts and accessories you need to get your utensils and cutlery clean. These include two pull-out racks, the upper one which is adjustable to accommodate larger plates and pots. Also included are two spray arms for complete cleaning coverage and a silverware basket for holding your essential silverware cutlery as well as automatic dispensers for detergent and rinse agent.|
What Makes this Dishwasher Special?
1. Compact Size
For homeowners looking to replace their older model dishwashers, it doesn’t get more convenient than this built-in Sunpentown Energy Star rated dishwasher. The compact size (18 inches width) makes it easy to fit in your kitchen even when space is somewhat limited.
2. All Stainless Steel Construction
Designed to last a lifetime and call for the least amount of maintenance, this dishwasher comes with a quality stainless steel exterior which is totally rust and corrosion proof in addition to maintaining its sheen for years. The interior is stainless steel as well.
3. The Best of Both Worlds
Compared to standalone and countertop dishwashers, the SPT SD-9252SS built-in dishwasher offers the best of both worlds. It is just as compact in size as some of the countertop models. It’s 18 inch width, so actually smaller than the standard size built-in dishwashers which are generally between 24 and 30 inches wide. The dishwasher also offers robust performance many have come to associate with freestanding dishwashers.
4. Time Delay Feature
You can schedule it to run a wash cycle whenever is more convenient to you. The time delay feature goes up to 24 hours.
What Do Other Buyers Say About Sunpentown SPT SD-9252SS 18” Dishwasher?
It is evident that even though this is a relatively new dishwasher in the market, it has nonetheless been well received by consumers. Here is a collection of randomly picked reviews posted by users online:
- I am usually skeptical of new appliances in the market but this dishwasher had the looks of a quality machine right from the product page. Moreover, the price made it such an irresistible bargain so I bought it almost on a whim. A month down the line and the dishwasher is performing well and I have been compelled to make this review as I feel it is a great investment for any homeowner. 5 star quality and guaranteed to meet, if not exceed, all your expectations.
- When I saw this dishwasher featured on Amazon, I could not believe it was a built-in model for such a low price tag. I had to try it, as a dishwasher is what I felt my three-years-old home lacked. The shipping package arrived in time and installation proved pretty straightforward. My only disappointment was that the installation manual was very sketchy and I would have liked it to be more detailed. Sunpentown should do better with this in the future.
- When I read that this is an actual 18 inch built-in dishwasher, I could barely believe it. I mean, that barely takes up a kitchen storage cupboard and it was always my impression that I had a couple too many of those in my kitchen! Installation was a breeze…
- It’s a very silent dishwasher. It is the very essence of a functional kitchen appliance. It does what it is supposed to do and does it without a fuss!
- I couldn’t stand the din my old dishwasher used to make so when it broke down for the umpteenth time last month I decided it was time to get a totally different unit. This Sunpentown 18″ built-in model looked like a pretty good alternative. Two weeks have passed now since the new unit was installed in my kitchen and it has totally revolutionized the whole perspective of washing dishes. All I have to do is program the time delay feature and it will whirl away in the dead of the night so that in the morning everything is spick and span.
How Did It Perform In My Testing?
Here is a brief look at its pros and cons to put this in the proper perspective.
- Compact size, ideal for kitchens where space is limited
- Comes with a versatile set of 6 wash cycles
- Built-in design – means your kitchen faucet is always free
- Stainless steel finish and interior
- A programmable time delay feature lets you schedule your washing to the most convenient time
- Energy Star compliance certification
- One of the best offers out there (amazon.com)
- Requires connection to your kitchen’s plumbing system.
- Installing a built-in dishwasher means you will lose at least one of your kitchen’s storage cabinets.