If you are looking for a dishwasher that’s just right for a small apartment or the office kitchen, this SPT SD-2202S countertop dishwasher is a great choice. Do not be deceived by it’s unpretentious design, beneath its small body it packs set of powerful features.
I do not own this dishwasher but, as is my custom, I would not feature any appliance without a hands-on experience with it first. I had the chance to test this SPT at a friend’s office.
A couple of days ago I made the trip downtown to test it out and here is a detailed review of my findings:
Also, if you are looking for one of the best deals for this countertop, check this Amazon offer out >>>
Features of the SPT SD-2202S
|Weight and Dimensions||- Measures 21.6 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches. The dishwasher itself weighs 48.5 pounds but the entire shipping package weighs 64.6 pounds.|
|Warranty||- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Installation Type||- Counter top, stand alone|
|Control Console||- Full Panel|
|Voltage and Certification||- Input voltage: 120 volts (60Hz)
- Does not come with either ENERGY STAR certification or CEE ratings
|Material Type and Included Components||- Stainless steel construction|
What Makes the SPT SD-2202S Countertop Dishwasher Special?
As a dishwasher, the SPT SD-2202S boasts a selection of special features which set it apart as a really great appliance to have at home or, if you like it, in the office or hostel room as well. I have taken a selection of these features and elaborated them to more detail as follows:
1. Conveniently Compact Size
I have experienced first hand the problem of having to fit appliances I desperately needed in space I barely had. This Sunpentown countertop dishwasher will never leave you in such a dilemma though. It is designed to fit into the niftiest of spaces. With it only being 17.24 inches high and 21.65 inches wide as well as slightly less than 20 inches in breadth, you will not struggle to find a space on top of your counter or somewhere in your kitchen’s cabinetry.
2. Six Standard Place Settings
Even with such a compact dishwasher, Sunpentown have still managed to ensure you have a capacious and robust enough cavity. Enjoy the convenience of six standard place settings as you clean your utensils and silverware.
3. Intuitive Faucet Adapter
This dishwasher does not require any special installation. You do not have to call a handyman or technician to do it for you. Just take the faucet adapter and connect to your kitchen sink system. The standardized adapter attaches quickly and simply to the faucet so you can get going with your new appliance as soon as possible.
4. Premium Stainless Steel Interior
With this Sunpentown SPT SD-2202S countertop dishwasher you can wash every piece of utensil, cookware or silverware confidently as they will never get ruined or broken. The premium stainless steel interior of the dishwasher will protect against any bumps or abrasions which may spoil the appearance of your utensils and dishes.
The Sunpentown SPT SD-2202S countertop dishwasher is one of the best reviewed dishwashers on online stores. Here is what some customers had to say about it:
- This dishwasher came as a surprise: it looked exactly the way it was depicted on online stores. It comes with a full guide on how to install it but it turns out the process was so intuitive that barely any directions were necessary. It is only a week since it arrived at my address but I am so impressed by the performance that I had to post this. It’s really fast, noiseless… No matter the gunk the dishes had before going in, they will come out spotlessly clean.
- I absolutely adore this dishwasher. As I write this, I’ve just come from running 3 loads of dishes and they’ve all come out clean. While it may be convenient to have a stand alone or built-in dishwasher which could take the whole load at a go, the speed with which this Sunpentown appliance did the job made this a non-issue. Moreover, it runs so quiet that no one would even know you had a dishwasher running just across the room!
- An unbelievable dishwasher and actually a relationship-saver for someone living in a tiny apartment (yes, that’s me!). Other than the fact that it has a beeper which scares my Frenchies when it goes off, I have nothing but praise for this countertop dishwasher.
This is a dishwasher which looks great and performs equally well. It may not have the capacity to take all the dishes at a go after a party but it will be perfect for the small family or a college student’s dorm room. To put this into proper perspective and perhaps help you with the decision to buy or not, here is a look at the dishwasher’s pros and cons.
- Compact design
- 6 wash cycles (light, normal, heavy, speed, glass, and soak)
- Low noise operation
- Residual heat drying means you can forget the drudgery of drying washed dishes with a towel. Just take them from the dishwasher’s rack directly to the cupboards
- Comes with a faucet adapter that is easy to attach
- You can get a great deal here – on Amazon.com
- This SPT dishwasher comes with an 8-hour delay start setting. This is of course welcome as a convenience feature. However, there are other models, even in the same class, which are now capable to provide up to 24 hour delay start. From most of the users I have spoken with, 8 hours is more than enough for their purposes but there are those who would rather it allowed a delay of at least 4 more hours.
- Not Energy Star Certified. That may be mainly owing to the fact that the dishwasher is not made in the United States (the Energy Star standard is a designation of the US government). In practical tests and from the testimonials of those who use the appliance, there was nothing to indicate that the dishwasher consumes more power than it ought though.