The SD-9241SS installs right next to your sink so you don’t have to hook it up every night – like you would do with a compact or countertop unit. Most importantly, it functions as well as an built-in model.
This appliance is produced by the renowned Sunpentown International Limited which is based in Southern California. The company has been supplying household products since 1993 and so far their track record looks impressive.
What Is Covered In This Review?
- A comprehensive look at the product’s features
- Facts on what makes the product better than the rest
- A general view of the product
- Customer reviews
- Its upsides and downsides
|Weight and Dimensions||The product dimensions are 26x17.7x36 inches.
It weighs 121.3 which is significantly lightweight for a product of its caliber.
|Warranty||Just like other dishwasher models from Sunpentown, this one comes with one year of warranty from the date of purchase. This however only caters for faulty materials or workmanship. The warranty may be considered void if the machine is repaired by an unauthorized person or if damaged by an act of nature.
|Installation Type||This is a standalone portable unit.
It installs right next to your sink, so one does not have to hook it up every now and then.
No professional installation is required.
|Control Console||SPT SD-9241SS features a full panel digital control console.
The high-tech LCD console allows you to choose from one of 6 different wash programs including: Speeds, Heavy, Light, Normal and Rinse.
The console also displays important alerts and errors to guide the user.
|Wash Arms and Tray Type||It has two spray arms: top and lower spray arm.
Both are removable and easy to clean.
It has two racks.
The upper rack is designed to accommodate delicate dishware such as tea cups, saucers and glasses.
The lower rack is tougher and it is designed to accommodate pots, lids, pans and bowls.
|Voltage and Certification||SD-9241SS is designed to operate on 110V and 60Hz (A circuit breaker and time delay fuse is recommended).
The dishwasher’s energy efficiency is certified by Energy Star.
|Material Type||Its surfaces and interiors are made of stainless steel material.
Its frame is made of iron.
Its tub is made of stainless steel.
Its casters and covers are made from plastic and other lighter but durable materials.
If you are busy and want to schedule operation at a later start time, the 1 to 24 time delay function feature will definitely be a welcome addition. Another unique aspect of this unit is its quick-to-connect features which eliminate the need for direct plumbing or permanent installation.
One thing that stands out about this portable dishwasher from Sunpentown is its remarkable usability. Its full panel LCD console, spacious racks, strong wheels and stainless steel surfaces make it a leader in user experience.
Detailed View of the Product
SD-9241SS is a great appliance, its controls are easy to operate, and the Rinse Aid Warning Indicator reminder helps keep things running smoothly. Unlike other models, no pre-rinse is required. Keep in mind that it only uses 3.65 gallons per cycle and heats water up to 154 degrees. Above all, it holds a fair amount of dishes, runs quietly and generally has no unpleasant odor inside. The size is enough for a family of 4.
- Nice machine… It looks nice and works efficiently and quietly. It is perfect for our small kitchen. The only complaint is that sometimes we have to reload and run it without detergent to completely rinse the utensils. – K Gates, Massachusetts
- I love this dishwasher… it is nice looking and very quiet. It does a great job cleaning all of the dishes. Great machine – Highly recommended. – Lori Vannelli, Connecticut
- Quiet and energy efficient
- Nice looking, sleek finish
- 6 Wash cycles
- Small, compact design (suitable for small spaces)
- Adjustable upper rack to accommodate larger utensils
- Automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- get a great offer at Amazon
- Poor installation of hoses may cause leaks
- Does not dry dishes, you have to dry them manually
SPT SD-924122 does not need direct plumbing, because it connects quickly to any kitchen faucet. Besides, its controls are super-easy to operate. The time delay features lets one program the machine to operate whenever it’s convenient within a 24-hour period.
All in all, this is a great portable unit that I recommend.