All Frigidaire products are made in the US. This reputed 85-year old company continues to manufacture innovative products. They strive to deliver reliable, well built and accessible kitchen appliances.
Let’s take a closer look at Frigidaire FFBD1821MB 18 built-in dishwasher. In this review you’ll find it’s features described and what makes it stand out, how customers rated it, our conclusion based on our testing, lists of pros and cons and more.
|Capacity||This is an 18 inch compact dishwasher, so it's a better fit for people that don't have loads upon loads of dirty dishes.
Customers reported that is offer sufficient capacity for the needs of a medium sized family.
|Wash cycle||6 wash cycles.
The China/Crystal Cycle is great for handling glassware and other sensitive items.
The Heavy Wash Cycle proved to be very efficient and removed even the most stubborn food and grease remains.
|Energy consumption||Energy efficient drying option.|
|Temperature||It features a high temperature wash that ensures a thorough clean and proper bacteria removal.|
|Design and dimension||The stainless steel interior increases lifespan.
It's 23 x 17.6 x 33.5 inches.
It's a compact built-in dishwasher.
One great thing about it is that you have multiple cycle to choose from that are also very intuitive. If you have a big load of very dirty dishes you can just select the Heavy Wash.
On the other hand you also have the China/Crystal for a gentler handling of your glassware. To protect steamware it automatically reduces the water pressure by up to 30%.
You can select a delay start for 2-4 hours, which is very convenient if you are a busy person and you need to have things well organised throughout your day.
Another interesting feature is the Energy Saver Dry Option. This simply means that the drying process was optimized in order to save power and also ensure that the dishes will come out dry and sparkling clean.
I was thrilled to discover that this built-in dishwasher is ADA certified and also very user friendly featuring Ready-Select buttons so you wont have to make custom settings when you are in a hurry.
Don’t be fooled by it;s compact design, this dishwasher is jam packed with features, and simply one of the best performing for it’s size. Frigidaire keep a high standard in manufacturing these must-have kitchen appliances.
- This is one of the best dishwashers ever. It fits my kitchen perfectly. I previously had a full sized 24 inch and let me tell you that this one performs much better and it seems to me that I can fit in more dishes in… I guess it’s just better thought through, in terms of design and efficiency. It may not be the cheapest but it’s well worth the money. I recommend this one especially to people that have little room available in the kitchen for this type of an appliance.
- I wanted to buy a dishwasher, but didn’t really know how they work. Lucky me, it’s so easy to operate and install. I didn’t have any problems using it. This is one of the best dishwasher deals I could find for my budget.
- I bought this through Amazon. I love the fact that they offer free shipping. Makes my life better. Bye bye to washing dishes by hand – for me it’s part of history. Also it’s so much better than my used EdgeStar portable dishwasher.
What is my conclusion?
Based on our tests and the hundreds of positive reviews we found on various websites I guess it’s save to say that this Frigidaire built-in dishwasher is a pretty good dishwasher. It has a ton of features you’ll appreciate, it’s versatile and will prove to be a great helper around the kitchen. Frigidaire proves once again that they care most to offer high quality appliances.
- Multiple Cycle Options
- High Temperature Wash
- 2-4 Hours Delay Start
- Energy Saver Dry Option
- China/Crystal Cycle
- Easy-Select Controls
- you can buy from Amazon.com – check out if they are currently offering free shipping
- Some say that the price is a little bit high, but I find it well balanced, if you take into consideration the quality you are getting.