The Bosch 800 Series SHX68T55UC isn’t just a regular dishwasher, it has advanced features that you’ll fall in love with. 🙂
It’s very appreciated by customers for it’s ultra-quiet operation, different wash options and cycles, a deep tub and technical specs which places it in a class of its own.
As everyone expects, it has an elegant stainless steel finish and it’s compact to ensure that it takes the smallest floor space and offers unrivalled performance.
Structure of this review?
- An overview of it’s standard features
- Detailed review of the special features that make it unique
- Other people’s reviews
- Short video review made by a customer
|Design||It' a full-size stainless steel appliance which is designed to fit perfectly into any section of your cabinetry. With the included bar handle, it's amazingly easy to operate. Opening the latching door for loading and removing the cleaned utensils is a breeze.|
|Rack options||It comes with a 3rd rack option making it very easy to load the silverware into the tine. The rack has a unique V-shape, which provides sufficient space for large utensils. This is one of the few dishwashers which have gained appreciation for their ingenious use of space. This reduces the time it needs for a complete cleaning cycle.|
|RackMatic® system||The RackMatic® system ensures that the top rack can be adjusted in one step, even if it's already loaded. It can be adjusted to offer a maximum of 9 rack positions.|
|Touch control technology||This dishwasher features extra responsive controls. This allows you to select an appropriate washing program, one that conforms to your needs or timetable.
|Quiet operation||Rated at 44 DBA, this is one of the quietest kitchen appliances on the market. The Infolight feature is actually the only way to know the appliance is running.|
|Aquastop leak protection||The Bosch 800 Series SHX68T55UC minimizes water leaks thanks to its sensors. Due to this smart sensor system operations are immediately stopped and water is pumped out to minimize the leaked and prevent further complications.|
|Wash cycles||It has six different wash cycles.
The heavy cycle works well at cleaning very dirty dishes that haven't been pre-rinsed.
The auto wash cycle comes with amazing soil-sensing technology, ideal for handling a mix of utensils.
The rinse cycle rinses a part of the soil if you want to wait until you have more dishes to load and then run a full cycle.
|Certification||Energy Star certified
|Tub type||Tall tub|
|Net weight||105 lbs|
|Plug type||Fixed connection|
|Price||Make sure to check the current amazon.com offer - they usually have it cheap and offer free shipping.|
What special features should you expect?
Due to it’s very quiet operation, the manufacturer came up with Infolight technology, which is basically a red light that shines on the floor to indicate that a wash cycle is not yet complete. This way, you avoid opening the dishwasher before it completes a cycle.
The self-latching door gives room for convenient operation of the appliance because it stays at the same open position until you complete loading and offloading the dishwasher. At an angle of less than 20° it will shut automatically.
The Eco-Cycle is best when handling delicate dishes because it lowers the temperature and length of each cycle in order to conserve energy.
If you are looking for a similar performing Bosh dishwasher but a little bit cheaper try the Bosh 500 series – see amazon current offer here.
What did users say?
- I had to replace my 10-years old dishwasher with this one and I totally love it. It’s smart, quiet and efficient. I consider myself a satisfied customer. Thank you Bosh! Oh, and make sure to check the amazon offer first, as I found it in many other shops way more expensive. This is where I got it from
- The Bosch 800 Series SHX68T55UC has restored my confidence in dishwashers after I’ve been disappointed twice by this type of appliances. I recommend because it worked as expected, so far….
- We are a large family and after a Sunday meal there are a lot of dishes to clean… The thing I like most about this dishwasher, compared to the previous models I owned, is the third rack that works well and offers enough space to hold all of my utensils. However, a heated drying option would have been nice to have.
- It’s a high quality appliance no doubt about that – but, to be frank here I still can’t seem to fit in the larger pots and pans I have, and so I end up doing those by hand…
Of course there are still some complains as there are with any other appliance or device. People’s needs are very diverse and no single dishwasher can satisfy everybody. Though, I can openly state here that this Bosh dishwasher will serve to most people needs. It’s a well balanced appliance that offers incredible clean dishes and in the same time consumes little resources. At the time of writing this review I found the lowest price on Amazon – here is the link to it.
Here is my rating and how it performed in my testing. As you can see it did great. There are only a few that scored so high.
- Very quiet
- More space thanks to the 3rd rack option
- The Infolight technology prevents accidental opening if the cycle is not yet complete
- See the lowest Amazon.com offer here
- It can be difficult to fit in the extra large pans
Video review from a customer
This is a comparison between the Bosch 500 and Bosch 800.