Powerful, yet very efficient when it comes to energy and water consumption, this is a Bosch built-in dishwasher every family will be proud to own. It is Energy Star Certified – this guarantees you up to 30% less money spent on energy bills per year.
It features a good number of enhancements compared to the basic Ascenta Series dishwashers. It ensure top performance and an incredible clean every time thanks to the new technology used to built it.
To get a clear picture of what this means for you and your family, here is a detailed review of this dishwasher. I’ve written it after I tested the model and also talked with a number of owners who have it installed in their kitchens.
This is a brief summary of this Bosch dishwasher’s features and specifications. I have provided more detailed information about it’s standout features in the subsequent section.
But, if you are in a hurry let me tell you that I found a very good offer on Amazon. Here is the link to it >>>
Weight and Dimensions - Measures 22.6 x 23.6 x 35.1 inches. With the door fully open (90 degrees to the body), the dishwasher requires a space of at least 47.5 inches.
- The dishwasher weighs 62 pounds. For shipping purposes, the weight increases somewhat to 67.5 pounds
Warranty - Comprehensive 10 year warranty covering all major components
Installation Type -Built-in
Control Console - Full panel
Wash Cycles: - 6 wash cycles (normal, heavy, light, speed, glass, and soak)
Number of Wash Arms: - 3
Voltage and Certification - Input voltage: 120 volts
- Energy Star certified
- CEE (Consortium for Energy Efficiency) qualified
- UL (Underwriter's Laboratories) listed
Price At the time of writing this review, amazon offer was one of the cheapest in the market - see if it's currently available here
What Makes this Dishwasher Special?
This is such a feature-rich Bosch dishwasher that I was spoilt for choice when picking out the features which impressed me the most. But I am pretty confident the following will suffice to illustrate that this is indeed a special product for any home.
1. Super-Quiet Operation
This is one of the most silent dishwashers (especially in the built-in range) which I have ever tested. Bosch managed to ensure a 50-dBA rating for this Ascenta Series dishwasher. They have incorporated 18 unique sound-reducing technologies, marking it one of the quietest in the class. It is indeed so noiseless that you will never have to worry about disrupting normal conversation in the same room or maybe not catching what is happening on the telly as the dishwasher is running.
2. Variable Spray Pressure System
With the SHE3AR75UC 24 Ascenta built-in dishwasher by Bosch, you are assured that all your dishes will come out sparkling clean no matter how grimy they looked when you put them in for the wash. This is possible thanks to it’s variable spray pressure system. This makes it easier to customize each wash cycle to fit the load of dishes you are doing and enhance cleaning performance each time.
3. Comes with Functional Detergent and Rinse Agent Dispenser
This built-in dishwasher is the very essence of convenience. It is equipped with fully functional detergent and rinse agent dispensers. Literally, all you have to do is place the dirty dishes in, switch it on and voila! In no time at all, your dishes are clean.
4. Recessed Handle with Self-Latching Door
While I usually prioritize performance features over and above sheer convenience, I found this dishwasher’s door settings a joy to work with. The self-latching door will remain in the position you leave it. Only when you lower it beyond 20 degrees will it shut down all on its own. The recessed door handle makes opening and closing the dishwasher more intuitive. It also ensures that the dishwasher doesn’t have to take any more space than is necessary.
Though this is a relatively new dishwasher in the market, it continues to attract plenty of attention among ordinary consumers as well as experts. The following user reviews, all of them posted by verified purchasers, will serve to illustrate why this Bosch dishwasher is proving to be such a darling for online shoppers:
- When my girlfriend insisted we go for this dishwasher I reprimanded her for insisting on going for the brand rather than considering true value for money. I shouldn’t have complained. This dishwasher has proved a real investment. It is not only a welcome labor saving device in my apartment but it adds character and even elegance to my average sized kitchen. There is nothing to complain about it’s performance. It is a running joke between me and my girlfriend that if it did not have the conspicuous digital counter on the front panel, you would barely know it is working: it’s so quiet… even when dealing with a pretty heavy load of dirty dishes. I also was tight on money so I spent week searching for the lowest price – I can say I got it cheap at amazon.com – here is the link
- I bought this Bosch Ascenta SHE3AR75UC dishwasher as a replacement for an earlier model (Bosch too of course) that was getting a bit archaic and malfunctioning every once in a while. While I am sure I could have kept my decade old dishwasher if I procured some perfunctory repairs, I nonetheless wanted a touch of modern convenience and the Ascenta SHE3AR75UC seemed to fit the bill perfectly.
This dishwasher met and even exceeded most of my expectations in terms of performance and convenience of use.
Here, (on amazon) is where you can get a very good deal.
The following list of pros and cons will serve to illustrate exactly how and why:
- Super quiet operation
- Self-latching door with a recessed handle
- Accommodates up to 14 place settings so that you can enjoy more spacious room inside the dishwasher for fewer loads and even cleaner dishes
- Easy-to-figure-out digital front panel controls
- You can read more customer opinions on Amazon.com
- This year’s model comes with remodeled dish racks. The new Ascenta’s rack has much tighter spacing between the tines of most sections. While this means you can put in more dishes, it makes it harder to fit some of the unconventionally shaped bowls on the racks.
- If you have used an earlier Bosch Ascenta dishwasher model, you may notice that this one has a 1 hour 55 minutes normal wash cycle. This is considerably longer than the earlier models which had a normal wash cycle of one hour and 25 minutes. As this built-in model is relatively more spacious compared to others in its class and can take more dishes per wash, this should not be too much of a concern (unless you are cleaning up after a party of course!).