Amana is one of the home kitchen appliance brands marketed by Whirlpool. Amana aims to extend the value of their appliance past just saving money. The company wishes to create environment-friendly appliances that are resourceful and consume less energy, thereby reducing the carbon footprint.
Amana ADB1100AWB is very popular among those who have budget constraints and are concerned only about the performance. You can say that this specific model of Amana dishwasher is a no-frills deal and won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Its annual operating cost is approximate $29. Besides, Amana ADB1100AWB is Energy Star qualified, which only proves its energy-efficiency. You might want to note that the energy efficiency label is based solely on the ‘Normal’ cycle. Let’s take a look at the specifications and dimensions of the Amana ADB1100AWB.
- Installation type – Undercounter / Built-in
- Number of Wash Cycles – 3; Normal, 1-Hour, and Heavy
- Number of Options – 2; High-Temperature Wash and Heated Dry
- Triple Filter Wash System – Eliminates the need to prewash your dishes
- Tall Tub Interior – Facilitates washing larger and more number of dishes in a single load
- Weight – 53 lbs
- Height – 33.5” or 85.1 cm
- Width (left to right) – 23.88” or 60.6 cm
- Depth (front to back, including the door) – 25.25” or 64.1 cm
- Depth (front to back, excluding the door) – 24.5” or 62.2 cm
- Depth (front to back, with the door open) – 49.34” or 125.33 cm
Since this is an undercounter dishwasher, you need the cabinet’s cutout dimensions perfectly measured to install the Amana Dishwasher. The dishwasher needs a cabinet of following dimensions.
- Height – 34” or 86.4 cm
- Width (left to right) – 24” or 61 cm
- Depth (front to back) – 24” or 61 cm
Let’s dig deeper into the specifications of Amana ADB1100AWB. The 60 Hz dishwasher has the amperage of 15 A, and voltage of 120 V. It is necessary that you have a grounded 3-prong outlet in the cabinet itself for the perfect installation. The electric outlet at your place must be in line with the local codes and regulations.
The water pressure of the water line at your place should be 20 to 120 lbs/sq. inch in order to run the dishwasher. It is advisable that you use the 90-degree elbow adapter to connect the faucet to the dishwasher’s water inlet; else it might cause water leakage.
What Makes Amana ADB1100AWB Stand Apart from its Competition?
The interior of the tall tub is crafted from high-grade plastic which is resistant to stains and cleans easily. You can use the liquid dishwasher detergent and a sponge to clean the interior. Like we mentioned before, the Amana dishwasher has a triple filter wash system that traps the tiniest of the residual food particles to prevent its redistribution. The filter is fairly easy to clean.
- Rack Configuration
The Amana dishwasher has two racks that are crafted from vinyl. The interiors are very spacious to comfortably accommodate large pots. The racks facilitate 12 place settings, making it an ideal washer for small and mid-sized families and even bachelors. There is an in-rack silverware basket on the lower rack to hold your cutlery.
- Spray Arms
The Amana ADB1100AWB has two spinning spray arms to make sure the water reaches every soiled surface with ease for effective cleaning.
- Noise Levels
It has a noise rating of 63bBA and it runs very smoothly during most part of the wash cycles. Even if you hear noise during the wash cycles, you will notice that it’s not a mechanical sound. It’s the sound of water rustling through the dishes, which really isn’t bothersome. The dishwasher doesn’t come with sound insulation. Whether you need insulation or not depends a lot on where you stay. But, if you need it, you can always buy it separately. Using the insulation does cut down the noise to some extent.
- Electronic Console
The dishwasher has an electronic touch-pad console at the top. It’s basically a plastic panel housing the control buttons and the corresponding cycle status lights.
What do the Owners of Amana ADB1100AWB have to Say?
- The Amana ABD1100AWB looks very pretty. It has a glossy exterior and the control panel looks nice too. The interior of the dishwasher is very roomy and bright. The machine is very silent while it’s running. Easy to install, clean up and drain. I like the design of the racks. The silverware basket is at the end of the bottom rack, which makes it easier and safer to load and unload the dishes without getting hurt from the cutlery.
- The installation process of this dishwasher was a breeze. I never pre-wash the dishes. The dishwasher removes all the residual food and stains off the dishes and the silverware. It saves me a lot of trouble by not having to prewash each plate and spoon. The two cycle options are sufficient. The dishwasher runs very silently and I am happy with how it works. I would definitely recommend this product to others.
- Before purchasing the Amana dishwasher, I did check out the Frigidaire dishwashers within the same price range. Turns out that Frigidaire had lower ratings and poorer feedback, mainly because of its built quality. So, I decided to go for Amana and I’m happy that I did. I’m really satisfied with the way it performs, without burning a hole in my pocket.
I recommend this product to those who do not wish to splurge on appliances and are looking for a no-nonsense dishwasher.
- The ‘Normal’ cycle works fine for everyday use for moderately soiled dishes. The run time is 88 minutes. However, if you have had used your dishes to cook and serve baked lasagna, spinach, pot pies, etc, then you would need to use the Heavy cycle that runs for 3.5 hours. The 1-hour cycle works perfectly for lightly soiled dishes.
- The dishwasher allows hot wash and has an automatic temperature control mechanism. The hot wash feature heats the water before it is sprayed onto the dishes. This feature is an added advantage and works great for washing smelly dishes, leaving them sparkling and fresh!
- The heated dry option dries the dishes at the end of the wash cycle and saves you the trouble of wiping every dish manually with the dishtowel.
- The Amana dishwasher delivers bang for your buck. It clearly outperforms the expensive dishwashers that cost twice as much.
- See amazon offer here. – it’s currently among the best deals out there.
- The racks do not have adjustable tines, making it difficult to fit several large serving dishes neatly in a single load. This often leads to wasted space.
- The only problem with the silverware basket is that it lacks separators to keep each and every piece of cutlery separated from one another. Therefore, the cutlery forms a bunch and it could sometimes hinder the cleaning process.
- Doesn’t have built-in hard food disposer. The filter needs to be emptied and cleaned manually.
- Long washing cycles.