1. Please tell us more about yourself.
I am trained as an illustrator, but CakeSpy is the business and blog I founded that unites my loves of illustration, writing, and baking. I am originally from New Jersey, but I have lived in NYC, Seattle, Philadelphia, and Santa Fe.
2. How did you discover your passion for cooking and blogging about it?
I have always loved desserts, and grew up acting as my mom’s “sous chef” when she made elaborate cakes and pastries. It was when I started blogging, though, that I found the motivation to explore even more recipes and techniques.
3. What are your favorite recipes and desserts?
I’ll tell you three of my favorite recipes at the moment: behemoth crumb cake, brown sugar swirl birthday cake with brown sugar frosting, and blondies. If you’re sensing a brown sugar theme, my response is “correct”.
4. What do you consider the greatest helper in you kitchen? Tell us about your kitchen essentials.
Even though I’m guilty of skipping it from time to time, taking a few moments to set up mise en place is my biggest help in the kitchen. It keeps me from forgetting ingredients and from getting flustered in active steps in a recipe.
5. Do you use a dishwasher and would you recommend one?
I do not use a dishwasher but I have in the past and wish I had one now!
6. Tell us a little more about your books and where we can get them.
You can buy my brilliant books, CakeSpy Presents Sweet Treats for a Sugar-Filled Life, and The Secret Lives of Baked Goods, on Amazon and wherever books are sold. 🙂
7. Who is your favorite chef and why?
My favorite chef is probably Alton Brown because I love how he explains things.
8. A message to your readers and fans.
A message to my fans and readers? You are my inspiration, motivation, and what keeps my life sweet! Thank you for your support. I wish I could personally give you all a cupcake!