Looking for a dishwasher that doesn’t take up a lot of space? Alternatively, do you use just a couple of dishes and therefore only need a small wash capacity? Then a countertop dishwasher will definitely meet your needs.
With all of the latest innovations, a wide range of features and different brands available, finding the best countertop dishwasher can become complicated, but I will try to help.
For the interest of saving time I will get straight to presenting the best countertop dishwashers in the market today:
A few words on these types of dishwashers:
Countertop dishwashers require zero plumbing as they are specifically designed to do without – you can easy connect them to your tap water faucet and you’re done. What’s more, they are very energy efficient and come with lots of unique features. So, here is a detailed review of the best 4 you will find in the market.
1. Magic Chef Mcscd6W1 Countertop Dishwasher
- Measures 19.7 by 21.7 by 17.2 inches so it can fit on most countertops with ease.
- Features a 70 inches long inlet hose and 47 inches long outlet hose.
- The single removable rack can accommodate up to 6 place settings.
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- User friendly push button control panels located at the front of the unit- comprising of seven indicator lights and three buttons.
- Made of stainless steel material for high durability and great energy efficiency.
- Uses 680 watts.
- For safety purposes, the MCSCD6W1 countertop dishwasher has a built in flow-meter water sensor.
- 5 different wash cycle programs to handle different dish washing tasks and include: Heavy, normal, light, speed and soak.
- see more customer reviews and ratings here on amazon
- The noise level is reasonable thanks to the Magic Chef sound reduction tech.
- Solid track record for reliability.
- Very energy efficient.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Lacks a delay start option.
2. SPT Countertop Dishwasher
- Offers 6 different wash cycles that allows you to clean your dishes according to your specific needs including soak, normal, glass, heavy, glass and light.
- Weighs around 48.5 pounds and measures 21.6” by19.7” by 17.2”.
- It is Energy Star qualified and this helps you reduce water and electricity bills.
- Features a sleek silver finish which is perfect for any contemporary kitchen.
- Has a large tub that can accommodate up to 6 place settings.
- Water temperature of up to 148 degrees F.
- Comes with additional accessories such as dish rack and a silverware basket to store dishes easily.
- Comes with a faucet adapter for easy and quick connection to your sink.
- Equipped with user friendly controls so you can operate the machine without any difficulty.
- Interior is made of stainless steel.
- Features an automatic detergent dispenser.
- No need for permanent installation or any kind of direct plumbing as it is designed to connect to any regular kitchen tap.
- Quiet operation and affordable.
- Fits between most standard countertops and cabinetry because of its compact design.
- Easy to use and does a great job washing the dishes.
- you can go to amazon for a good offer
- The SPT Countertop dishwasher usually makes loud beeping sounds that are very annoying if you do not turn them off while unloading the dishes.
3. EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher
- Measures 17-3/16″ H x 21-11/16″ W x 19-11/16″ D – it can fit most cabinets.
- Has a LED display with digital control panel features such as the delayed start feature, child lock function and 6 wash cycle programs.
- Consumes 3.5 gallons of water during a normal wash thereby saving you money on the water bills.
- It’s interior is made of stainless steel.
- Includes a quick connect faucet adapter and a 5 foot hose to make hook-up to almost any faucet simple.
- Six wash cycles to choose from which include soak, normal, rinse, heavy, glass and light.
- Accommodates up-to 6 place settings while taking up little of your kitchen space.
- Uses only 200 kilowatt – this is approximately 61 percent less energy compared to other similar countertop dishwashers.
- A built-in automatic dispenser for delivering detergents and rinsing aids.
- Additional accessories such as a cutlery basket, a dish rack and a cup shelf.
- It’s very efficient.
- It’s surprisingly affordable so it offer a very good price to quality ratio.
- Maintenance and cleaning is effortless.
- The stainless steel interior facilitates spotless cleaning and disinfection.
- you can buy it online at amazon.com
- The provided hose is not compatible with some sink faucets and this can cause water leakage.
4. Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Fits up-to six standard place settings.
- Features a stainless steel interior with a rinse agent dispenser.
- Comes with a one year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- Six simple wash cycles which include glass, light, soak, heavy, speed and normal included.
- Uses only 200 watts of electricity – it is very energy efficient.
- Low profile that fits perfectly under most cabinets as it stands just over 17” tall.
- Maximum water temperature of 149 degrees F
- Includes a cup shelf, cutlery basket and dish rack.
- Comes with an extra-durable spray arm and a quick connect sink adapter.
- go to amazon dedicated page for more pictures and reviews
- Its variety of settings makes the Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable Countertop Dishwasher versatile and efficient.
- It is lightweight and quite compact making it easy to move it from one place to another.
- Very easy to set-up thanks to the quick-to-connect adapter and the five-foot hose.
- Water and energy efficient so it’s a good fit for people concerned about being eco-friendly.
- Requires you to do separate loads if you have big pans and pots and a full set of dishes.
All of these countertop dishwashers are great investments. However, the SPT Countertop Dishwasher performed better in our testing so we do recommend it as the best countertop model.