Whether you do dishes by hand or with a dishwasher, an essential part of any kitchen is a dish drain or dish drying rack. Dish drying racks and drainers help you get rid of any excess water for easy drying. However, if you have a smaller sized kitchen or just cut for space, then an over the sink dish rack is a great option to go with instead.
Today, we are going to dive into our list of the best over the sink dish racks to invest in. Surprisingly, over the sink dish racks come in a range of sizes and styles. Let us help you find the right one that will make your life a whole lot easier.
Why Every Kitchen Should Have an Over the Sink Dish Rack
Dish racks are essential in almost any kitchen. Dish racks are great for drying utensils such as pots, glasses, cups, and plates. And with all the styles that dish drainers come in, you are sure to find one that meets the aesthetic needs of your kitchen. While dish drainers are great, if you have limited counter space, then you may find that they are probably more cumbersome than helpful. Que the over sink dish rack. Here are some of the top reasons why every kitchen could benefit from an over the sink dish rack.
They give you much needed counter space
Perhaps the biggest perk is that they help give you more counter space. With smaller kitchens like those in apartments or RV campers, space in your kitchen is limited to being with. Have your sink do double duty by setting up an over the sink dish rack. Best off all, many of the best roll-up dish drying racks giving you the option of having an extra counter space to work with.
They are cost effective
Compared to the counter dish drying racks, an over the sink dish rack is generally cheaper in terms of price. Plus many of them come with the basic features such as a utensil holder too.
They help keep water off your counters
One of the reasons why many homeowners love their over the sink dish rack is the fact that it keeps the water off their counters. In turn, this helps with cutting back on overall kitchen cleaning time. Any excess water that is left on your dishes will drop right into the sink where it belongs instead of your counters.
They are easy to set up
Unlike countertop dish drying racks, there are no cumbersome parts that you have to deal with. There are no drying mats that you need to lay down or water trays that you have to set up beforehand. For the most part, you simply need to place your over the sink dish rack on top of your sink and you should be ready to go. Perhaps the most popular styles of over the sink dish rack these days is the roll-up dish drying rack. A roll-up dish drying rack is super easy to set up. All you do is simply roll it down and roll it back up when you do not need it any longer!
They are versatile
What many people do not realize is the fact that an over the sink dish rack can be extremely versatile. By laying down a mat or a cutting board, you can immediately give yourself more counter space. Not only that, but you can use and over the sink dish rack to wash and dry veggies and fruits, to defrost foods, and even cool foods down! We’d like to see your counter drying rack do all that!
They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors
The wonderful thing about an over the sink dish drying rack is the fact that you can find one in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles. Whether you are looking for stainless steel, rustic steel, or white, you will find a style that will match your kitchen’s aesthetic needs. Not only that, but the styles such as concave drying racks and flat roll-up dish drying racks are plentiful too.
Now that you have a basic understanding of why an over the sink dish rack is a great addition to your kitchen, let’s go over the top picks that customers can not get enough of this season.
After running a series of tests, we found that these four models are the best (this statement is also backed up by thousands of happy customer reviews).
They are the most cost-effective, efficient, and look great in both traditional and modern kitchens. Pick one of these to allow your dishes to dry completely without dripping water all over the counter. Let’s get into the details of what makes these over the sink dish racks some of the best ones to choose for your kitchen.
Over the Sink
Over The Sink
1. Better Houseware Over the Sink Roll-Up Drying Rack
No products found.
No products found.
Our first pick of the best over the sink dish rack is the Better Houseware Over the Sink Roll Up Drying Rack. What makes this one of the best racks to select for your kitchen is the fact that it is simple, unassuming, practical, and can blend into whatever kitchen type you have. With ease. This over the sink dish rack comes in three colors. There is a red, grey, and black option that you can choose from.
Its unassuming look is rather deceptive because this over the sink dish rack has a lot to offer. For starters, it has a great grip that ensures your rack will never slide out of place. The rack is made out of a high-temperature silicone and is secured on each side by flexible silicone bands. These bands are what allows it to have a great grip.
What makes this one of the best over the sink dish rack is the fact that it is incredibly versatile, not only can you dry dishes on it, but you can use it as a place setting to wash veggies and fruits when you are preparing meals. In addition to that, you can also place cookware on top of it if you need it to cool down. This over the sink dish rack can withstand dishes that are up to 400 degrees F.
This versatile dish drying rack measures out to 4.9 inches x 1.1 inches x 21 inches. When you do not need to use it, it will easily roll up for you so that you can store it away with ease. And although it does not come with a utensil holder, you can easily set one up on top of it to get all your silverware nice and dry.
- Made from durable material
- Silicone-coated steel for a non-slip surface.
- Heat resistant and can hold up to cookware up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Designed to securely hold delicate stemware as well as large and bulky cookware.
- When open fully it measures 131/4” W X 201/2” L X ¼” H.
- Rolls out to fit neatly over any standard-sized kitchen sink.
- Weighs only 2.2 pounds (lightweight).
- Securely sits over the sink and rolls up easily for storage purposes.
- It is BPA-free.
- If you have a tight budget, this over the sink dish rack is affordable.
- Fits well in various types and sizes of sinks.
- Mat dries quickly and unrolls above an open sink for air drying washed utensils.
- Very durable, rigid and easy to clean.
- Very versatile and can be used for more than just drying dishes.
- This product comes in only three select color options.
2. ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer
No products found.
No products found.
Our next option of the best over the sink dish rack comes from ClosetMaid. ClosetMaid is known for making quality space saving products that are designed for making your life a whole lot easier. Their popular ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer is no exception. This over the sink dish rack offers several features that users will love.
For starters, the ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer features an ergonomic design that allows you to use the space you have effectively. It measures out to 4.6 inches in height x 8.12 inches in width x 20.12 inches in length. Not only does this unit fit in most standard sized sinks, but it has a depth that allows your dishes to sit inside the sink without actually touching the sink. This gets rid of the unsightly look of dishes protruding outside of your sink. The design of this over the sink dish rack allows it to easily dry dishes, glasses, and silverware. And if you need to wash veggies or fruits, then this over the sink dish rack can handle that with ease as well.
Thanks to the vinyl coat and the great grip that this over the sink dish rack offers, you never have to worry about it sliding out of place or falling out of your sink. While all of these features are ones that customers love, perhaps the best selling point is the fact that this over the sink dish rack is extremely affordable. In fact, when you purchase your set, you will have the opportunity to purchase more than one and still get a great deal. With the ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer, you are certainly going to be pleased.
- Works great in small kitchens.
- Includes a plush vinyl coating that protects glasses, silverware, and dishes.
- Comes with a heavy gauge steel-wire frame that makes it durable and sturdy enough to last for several years.
- Features a super portable and universal design that fits almost all types of sinks.
- The ergonomic design keeps your dishes from protruding from your sink and instead allows them to sit snugly in your sink.
- It’s compact.
- It is inexpensive, durable, and ships pre-assembled and ready-to-use.
- It can also be used on the countertop.
- With ClosetMaid 3921 Over the Sink Drainer, there is no need for an additional drain mat as with most dish drainers.
- The only downside is the fact that it does not include utensil storage.
3. Prepworks Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer by Progressive
No products found.
No products found.
If you are looking for durability and dependability, then the Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over the Sink Dish Drainer is perhaps the best over the sink dish rack to invest in. The many features that this over the sink dish rack has to offer is what makes it a favorite of so many customers.
The Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over the Sink Dish Drainer can hold up to 8 plates that are 10 inches in diameter. And unlike many other over the sink dish racks, this one comes with a removable silverware tray. This is super helpful as this utensils holder will not leave you with silverware that is left slipping through the cracks. While it is rather big and bulky, if you are done using your Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over the Sink Dish Drainer, then you can easily collapse it to a third of its full size and store it away.
When it comes to the dimensions, this over the sink dish rack will fit most any standard siked kitchen sink. The rack extends from 16.5 inches to 26.33 inches. This allows it to fit a variety of sinks. In addition to these great features, it also allows you to wash and dry veggies and fruits with ease. And if you are looking to upgrade your Prepwors by Progressive Collapsible Over the Sink Dish Drainer, then there are several accessories that you can purchase to accompany your dish drain.
Overall, if you are looking for something durable and practical that not only packs well but serves you well, you are sure to love the Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over the Sink Dish Drainer. The hundreds of customers who have already purchased their own set sure do!
- Measures 12.25” by 16.5” by 1.5” in W X L X H when stored but it usually expands up to 6” high when in use.
- It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Its patented self-supporting arms usually extend from 16.5” to 26.75”.
- Includes a removable silverware tray.
- Can accommodate up to 8 plates with up to 10” in diameter.
- This compact dish rack collapses down to just 1.5” for easy storage under the sink or in a cabinet or a drawer.
- Made of TPE and polypropylene.
- It is easy to clean, durable, can support a lot of weight and fits nicely in most sinks.
- Easy to fold and store in the cabinet or under the sink.
- Large dinner plates easily fit into the grooves.
- Compact and very cost effective
- Does not provide enough storage room for many mugs or glasses.
- The bulky and durable look may not be appealing to some.
4. UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack, Rollable, Foldable, and Easy to Store
No products found.
No products found.
Another one of the best over the sink dish rack dryers that every homeowner is sure to love is the UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack. What makes this rack one of the best is the fact that it is simple, unassuming, practical, and extremely versatile.
The UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack measure offers users a large space as it measures out to 20.2 inches by 15.7 inches. You are sure to have as much room as you need to dry your dishes and prep your food. The UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack is made out of a durable stainless steel so that you are sure to have a quality product for the lifetime of its use.
The UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack can dry all your dishes and cups. If you do not need a drying rack, then you can use this rack for other purposes too. If you need to defrost an item, wash and rinse veggies and fruits, or even cool down food, then this is the perfect rack to use. If you place a mat over it or a cutting board, you can even allow yourself more kitchen counter space if you need more room.
When you are done using your UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack, you can easily store it away. The stainless steel construction rolls up with ease and can be stored away in even the smallest of locations. Best off all, the UpGood 17120 Dish Drying Rack was built to last. In fact, the manufacturers guarantee the durability and life of this product for as long as you own it. If you ever have any issues, simply contact the manufacturer for any support you may need.
- Made of premium stainless steel to last.
- Measures 15 5/8 inches wide by 20 1/8 inches long when unrolled and 2 inches high by 20 1/8 inches long when rolled.
- BPA free, heat resistant and dishwasher safe.
- Quickly rolls-up for easy and fast storage.
- Weighing only 1.2 pounds, it is lightweight.
- Can be rolled over the sink to act as a mat for draining and drying.
- Supports hot casserole dishes or cutting boards with so much ease.
- Takes little space.
- Lightweight and does the trick as advertised.
- Made from high quality materials so you can rest assured it will provide great service for a long time.
- Easy to clean, efficient, and affordable.
- Features a sleek design that allows it to blend well in any kitchen setting.
- For now, none.
Final Thought on the Best Over the Sink Dish Rack
Having a kitchen that is clean, decluttered, and beautiful does not have to be a hard task. One of the best ways to achieve this is by starting with your kitchen counters. If you have bulky or unsightly counter dish drying racks, consider swapping them out for an over the sink dish rack. With our top four picks, we are sure you will find the perfect dish rack to make your kitchen look beautiful.
Best of all, you do not have to sacrifice an arm and a leg to get fabulous over the sink dish rack. With all the four options we have listed above, you won’t ever need to spend more than thirty bucks! With that being said, why not take the plunge and try your hand at one of the best over the sink dish racks that have won the hearts of many this season.
Get yourself any of this over the sink dish drainers today – they are worth it!
Whether you own a dishwasher or not, a dish drainer will always be useful for drying your dishes before storing them.