Usually, good built-in dishwashers go for more than $500. But, in today’s competitive environment the bigger brands started offering really good ones for less than that because they realized that there is a big market segment for this.
Without any other introduction you’ll find here the reviews of the best built-in dishwashers in the segment of under 500 bucks.
I personally would recommend the EdgeStar Energy Star 18” because it performed great in my testing and I like the overall design, but any of the other three represent really good alternatives and worthy competitors to the EdgeStar.
Energy Star 18″ Built-In Dishwasher
- It easily accommodates eight place settings. The interior is divided into four compartments: two dishware racks, one silverware basket and a glass rack. This simply means that you can clean a whole lot of dishes – maybe even two days of dirty dishes – in only one cycle.
- Measures 32.5″ Height by 18″ Width by 22″ Length, this dishwasher is actually pretty small for a built-in model. It allows easy installation in a kitchen where space is limited.
- It has six wash cycles that you can choose from, offering you a specific one for any situation. These are: heavy, normal, light, glass, speed and rinse. Choose between the different wash cycles is very easy thanks to the dial on the control panel.
- It has a buzzer that alerts the user when a cleaning cycle has been completed. This comes in very handy especially when you are multitasking so that you do not end up forgetting that you had a load in the dishwasher.
- The body is made of stainless steel.
- It has on and off as well as start and pause commands. This allows you to stop or restart the dishwasher whenever you need or choose to.
See Amazon.com offer here >>> – it’s one of the best in the market
- The stainless steel makes for an elegant look, that fits well in modern and traditional kitchen as well
- It is rust proof and corrosion proof.
- It’s highly versatile and it has specific wash cycles to use in any possible situation.
- It is easy to use, and you’ll learn all about it from the first use.
- Stainless steel surface is easy to clean and maintain.
- Some people complained that it is a little bid loud but I found it to be actually very silent given the amount you pay for it.
Model DWE1801B Built-In Dishwasher
- The Avanti has eight plate setting space. It has a single basket for cutlery and silverware.
- The interior is made of stainless steel which is easy to clean and looks very good. The stainless steel protects the inner parts from corrosion and formation of rust due to continuous exposure to water and salts.
- The upper and lower racks are coated with nylon that also protect from corrosion. They have convenient handles to make it easy to reach the dishes.
- It uses a three stage filtering system which basically means that there are three key steps involved in washing including wetting dishes, scrubbing and rinsing. It is a very effective system that ensures that by the end of the cycle your dishes are sparkling clean.
- It has four automatic cycles which you can switch between using the dial on thi Avanti built-in dishwasher.
- Its measurements are 21.8 x 17.8 x 32.2 inches.
See more actual customer reviews here >>> – Amazon link
- Stainless steel parts mean that are rust and corrosion proof.
- It is easy to install and use.
- For it rather compact size if features a very spacious interior.
- It’s user-friendly
- The black finish look amazing and complements the overall kitchen design.
- Very efficient cleaning.
- Some people found it hard to fit in the extra large items.
DDW1809W-1 Built-In Dishwasher
- It has six wash cycles. These are: intensive, normal, economy, rinse, rapid wash and soak. Depending on the nature of your load you can choose one of these by using a control dial.
- It is Energy Star rated and eco-friendly, consuming less water than other dishwashers of this size.
- It has an automatic detergent dispenser unlike old dishwashers where you had to sprinkle it yourself. This feature minimizes the amount of detergent needed per wash load.
- It has a built-in water softening system that is very helpful for the more sensitive items like glass and crystal.
- The screen filtration can be easily removed for declogging purposes.
- Its measurements are: Height 32.48 by Width by 17.52 by Depth 22.50.
Get more info here – on amazon.com
- It protects the more sensitive dishes and glassware thanks to it’s built-in water softener.
- It is an eco-friendly dishwasher.
- The automatic detergent and rinse agent dispensers make it an economically advantageous choice.
- Most complaints have to do with the product being damaged during transportation, but Danby has a good customer service and will help out if needed.
SB 80 Equator Fullsized Built-In Dishwasher
- Easy to understand and use electronic control console, featuring a bright and clear LED display. You can easily set up everything.
- It has a built-in diagnostics system that detect problems and notifies the user, so troubleshooting is a breeze.
- It has five different wash programs including normal, rinse, heavy, glass and dry.
- Its measurements are 32.5” Height by 23.5” Width by 22.1” Depth.
See the link below for Amazon’s offer:
- Modern design.
- User-friendly LED display
- The diagnostics system helps in early problem detection and solving.
- Very efficient and versatile
- Can fit in larger items
- Cleans well heavily soiled pans and pots
- Energy efficient
- Some people say it’s a little bit pricey, but if you can find it on a discount it’s a great kitchen appliance and you’ll soon start to love it.
These are the best four built-in dishwashers if you have a budget of under 500 bucks.
The’re not the most advanced ones, nor are they the most silent. You can get a countertop for this money, but rest assured that a built-in, even at this price, will beat it in performance.
The important thing is that they clean the dishes well and are a perfect fit for a small to medium family that cooks at home.
All in all, they represent a good choice when it comes to price-performance ratio.
George Danir and Team